Registering a Charity with the Charitable Activities Section
Who Must Register?
The following types of organizations must register with the Department of Justice:
- Corporations organized in Oregon as public benefit, nonprofit corporations.
- Corporations organized in another state as nonprofit corporations which solicit, hold assets or do business in Oregon.
- Trusts which hold assets in Oregon for charitable beneficiaries
Download a Registration Form
The forms listed below are set up with fill-in-the-blank fields to make the form easy to complete.
Registration Form for Corporations
Word 97 form - 100k
PDF form - 116 k
Registration Form for Trusts
Word 97 form - 60 k
PDF form - 192 k
Who's Not Required to Register?
The following organizations are NOT required to register with the Department of Justice:
- Churches and some other types of religious organizations.
- Corporations organized in Oregon as mutual benefit, nonprofit corporation.
Statutes and Rules Governing Oregon Nonprofits
If you are uncertain whether you must register with the Department of Justice, please call our office during normal business hours at (971) 673-1880.