A law passed in 2001 charged the Oregon Attorney General's office with creating Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs) for Batterer Intervention Programs in Oregon. The rules went into effect in January of 2006. The Crime Victims' Services Division hosts the Batterer Intervention Program (BIP) Advisory Committee. The Committee meets 3 to 4 times a year and is responsible for making needed changes to the rules, approving pilot projects and other work critical to the functioning of the Standards statewide.
For a complete list of BIP programs please see the Oregon Batterer Intervention Providers Directory (by County) 2012-2013 (pdf). Note: Inclusion in the directory is not an endorsement of the program by DOJ or the DOJ Batterer Intervention Advisory Committee, nor does it indicate programs listed are in compliance with the Batterer Intervention Standards found in OAR 137-087-0000.
If you have any questions regarding the rules, please e-mail Shannon Sivell, firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call Shannon at (503) 378-5348.
BIP Advisory Committee Membership:
- Steve Berger, Washington County Community Corrections
- Vivien Bliss, Solutions Domestic Violence Intervention Program
- Hon. Audrey Broyles, Marion County Court Judge
- Don Chapin, Crossroads Nonviolence Education
- Michael Davis, Change Point Domestic Violence Intervention Program
- Jayne Downing, Mid-Valley Women’s Crisis Services
- Chris Huffine, Allies in Change Counseling Center
- Carol Krager, Department of Human Services
- Eric Mankowski, Portland State University
- Priscilla Marlowe, Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde
- Hardy Myers, Oregon Crime Victims’ Law Center
- Becky Orf, Oregon Judicial Department
- Walt Pesterfield, Columbia County Community Corrections
- Shannon Sivell, Department of Justice
The BIP Advisory Committee meets at:
4035 12th St Cutoff SE, Ste 150A
Salem, OR 97302
Upcoming BIP Advisory Committee Meetings:
Previous BIP Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes: