Oregon Department of Justice

Enforcement of Crime Victims' Rights

If your rights as a crime victim are not honored, there are ways to enforce them. One option is through a formal judicial process. This means that you, a district attorney or a victims’ rights attorney acting on your behalf, can file a motion with the court alleging a violation. Form 4.100.2a in adult cases and 4.100.2b in juvenile cases must be filed to begin this process.

Note: There are timelines associated with the filing of a motion with the court. Please see ORS 147.515(1) for further information.

Another enforcement option available is to file an informal complaint with the Oregon Department of Justice. To do so please contact:

Crime Victims' Rights Program 
Oregon Department of Justice
1162 Court St. NE
Salem, Oregon 97301-4096
Toll-Free: 1-800-503-7983 
Email: cvsd.email@doj.state.or.us

Please be aware that some crime victims' rights must be requested before you exercise them. For more information please see Requesting Your Rights as a Crime Victim.