How We Help Veterans
The goal of the Oregon Child Support Program is to work with both parents to ensure every child receives the financial and emotional support they need to thrive.
The Program Military Liaison
The Child Support Program has a representative available to help Oregon veterans and their families. The Program Military Liaison can answer questions specific to military families, and help you and your case manager take advantage of every opportunity to provide for your children. We may be able to help by:
- reviewing your child support order to make sure it is correct based on your income.
- helping you pursue a modification of the monthly support obligation while you get back on your feet.
- assisting you to set up a monthly payment plan to avoid garnishment once you have obtained a job.
- working with you to reinstate your driver’s license or prevent your license from being suspended for nonpayment.
- making sure you are taking advantage of all your military benefits and other opportunities to receive credit toward your child support obligation.
Contact the Program Military Liaison at the Oregon Child Support Program at 971-673-3224. Collect calls are accepted.
Oregon DOJ Veteran Resources
- Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs »
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs »
- Veteran Benefits Magazine »
Additional Resources for Veterans
- Veterans in the Child Support Caseload (PDF) » – Child support fact sheet focused on veterans who are noncustodial parents and in the child support caseload, and how the program can help them.
- Military Services and Child Support Partnerships (PDF) » – Child support fact sheet focused on how the child support program, and military and veterans organizations, can work together to help parents.
- Ending Homelessness Among Veterans: OCSE, VA, ABA Project (PDF) » – Child support fact sheet focused on collaboration that helps homeless veterans with child support obligations to gain permanent housing.
- A Guide for Incarcerated Veterans in Oregon (PDF) » – Booklet made as a tool for incarcerated veterans and their families who want access to child support services.