- This event has passed.
September 9, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 3:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until September 30, 2020
- « Parking in the Red Zone: Understanding Violent Crimes in Parking Lots
- Protecting Minors’ Privacy Rights: How to Use VRLC’s Minors’ Privacy Workbook and FAQs »
Race, equity, and inclusion work triggers strong emotions and responses of defensiveness and resistance. Deep, consistent self-reflection is one of the most important steps you can take to dismantle oppression and move towards racial equity. Understanding that change is difficult, this class is a brave healing space where we can unpack our own biases, deal with fragility, address trauma, and understand how we can show up in solidarity with other marginalized communities.
By the conclusion of this workshop, you’ll:
• Walk away with the ability to acknowledge your own biases without shame or judgment
• Assess where you are on the racial justice journey towards dismantling your own biases and what you need to do to move towards true allyship and co-conspiratorship
• Determine how your own biases may impact other groups and individuals from a different background.
• Create an individual action plan containing your next steps towards racial equity
This small group cohort is made up of individuals like you. As a group, you’ll share, learn from one another, and support each other as you go through the course.