- This event has passed.
June 11, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
One event on June 12, 2018 at 8:00 am
One event on June 13, 2018 at 8:00 am
One event on June 14, 2018 at 8:00 am
One event on June 15, 2018 at 8:00 am
Advocate Training is a 40-hour comprehensive basic sexual assault training for those seeking advocate certification or those providing other support services to sexual assault survivors. The training covers the foundational topics of sexual assault advocacy in supporting adult and adolescent survivors. Participants will learn how to provide survivor-centered, trauma informed responses to survivors and the skills to safely advocate for survivors in their community.
Due to limited funding and capacity, SATF will be prioritizing applicants who are:
- New advocates in need of certification to provide confidential and privileged services under ORS 147.600 https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/147.600
- New advocates who have not received basic sexual assault training
- Advocates providing services in rural/frontier regions
- Tribal based advocacy programs
- Advocates providing culturally specific services
Applications will be accepted until April 14, 2018.