- This event has passed.
June 4, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
One event on June 5, 2019 at 8:00 am
- « Responding to Sexual Assault of Individuals with Dementia/Cognitive Degenerative Diseases
- Sexual Exploitation of Youth: A Trauma Informed Mental Health Perspective »
The Education Development Center is offering a series of suicide prevention train-the-trainer courses designed specifically for crime victim advocates who are not clinical mental health professionals.
With funding support from OVC, the Center developed the HOPE curriculum (Notice Hints, Ask Openly About Suicide, Validate Pain, and Explore Reasons to Live). This prevention training curriculum is designed specifically for crime victim advocates.
HOPE prepares advocates who work with adult crime victims to properly identify, intervene, and refer individuals who are exhibiting symptoms of suicidality to appropriate care and follow-up treatment. Event participants will learn how to deliver the HOPE curriculum.
Register today for one of the following 2-day trainings:
· May 2–3, 2019, in Washington, DC
· May 21–May 22, 2019, in San Antonio, Texas
· June 4–5, 2019, in Portland, Oregon
· June 18–19, 2019, in Charlotte, North Carolina
· July 30–31, 2019, in Denver, Colorado
· August 1–2, 2019, in Denver, Colorado (this training is specifically for victim advocates who serve victims in Indian country)
**A limited number of travel scholarships are available.**