- This event has passed.
November 6, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
One event on November 4, 2019 at 9:00 am
One event on November 5, 2019 at 9:00 am
A continuation of the Transforming Justice Symposium in October 2018, this second gathering will again bring together leaders within the victim assistance and restorative justice movements (along with those they serve) to continue their important work together. During this summit we will continue to build understanding and explore common ground, in order to lay a solid foundation for local cross-disciplinary collaboration for enhanced services for crime victims/survivors. We welcome those who participated in last year’s symposium, as well as those joining us for the first time.
This full day facilitated dialogue is designed to connect these historically disparate movements through:
- expanded cross-disciplinary understanding;
- a frank exploration of the issues that have divided them; and,
- identifying common values and principles that connect them for future collaboration and partnership.
This event is designed and facilitated by Just Outcomes, with guidance from the project’s cross-disciplinary advisory committee. By the end of this event, participants will have:
- continued the exploration of barriers and opportunities of expanded partnership and collaboration;
- strengthened local and state-wide relationships; and,
- developed action steps for continued collaboration.
This facilitated event will be most relevant for:
- victim assistance administrators and practitioners;
- restorative justice administrators and practitioners;
- those that identify as victims/survivors; and,
- champions for victim assistance and restorative justice collaboration.
If you are among the intended audience for this event, we welcome you to apply for this groundbreaking dialogue opportunity!