- This event has passed.
April 30, 2018 - May 18, 2018
- « Strengthening Military-Civilian Community Partnerships to Respond to Sexual Assault
- Community Forums: Human Trafficking in Oregon »
National Victim Assistance Academy, Effective Management Series
Volunteers bring a passion to victim service organizations, and their mindful management can be a key strategy in extending an organization’s mission and scope of services. This training will focus on the importance of volunteers; how to recruit, screen, onboard, and retain them; and how to determine the costs associated with managing volunteers. The training is designed for current or aspiring volunteer managers in either VOCA-funded or non-VOCA-funded victim service agencies.
This free training will be delivered online over the course of 3 weeks, beginning on April 30. Each week, except for the introductory week, will include a facilitated webinar. In addition to participating in the webinar, you should expect to spend about an hour each week completing assignments, reading articles or watching videos. CEUs will be awarded.
Dates and Time
All webinars are conducted from 11:30 a.m.–12:45 p.m. (eastern time)
- Introductory Week: The Importance of Volunteers, week of 4/30–5/4
- Week 1: Finding the Right Volunteers, week of 5/7–5/11; webinar on 5/11
- Week 2: Onboarding and Retaining Volunteers, week of 5/14–5/18; webinar on 5/18
For more information about this training, please email email@example.com.