- This event has passed.
June 30, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- « The Way Forward: Shaping the Future with Culturally Specific Innovations
- Heading Off the Risk of Exploitation »
Please join us for our June webinar:
Elder Abuse: What Do We Know from Research and Practice
CVR researchers Storm Ervin and Erica Henderson will present findings from CVR’s synthesis on elder abuse, exploring a wide range of abusive behaviors and including materials produced by researchers, practitioners, and organizations dedicated to aging and elder abuse. Our guest speaker, Mary Lynn Kasunic, from the Area Agency on Aging, Region One, will describe practitioners’ observations in the field and the nation’s first domestic violence shelter for older adults.
Topics covered will include:
• Types of elder abuse and how often they occur;
• Harms experienced by older adult victims;
• Factors that put older adults at greater risk of abuse;
• What we know about effective services and interventions; and
• Where the field needs to grow.