- This event has passed.
May 25, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
- « Emerging Issues Webinar: Protective Factors for Children (Part 1)
- Victims No Longer: Working with Male Survivors of Sexual Child Abuse »
The National Human Trafficking Training and Technical Assistance Center (NHTTAC) will host a 90-minute webinar on emerging trends and case studies that address protective factors for children. The webinar will also highlight identifying at-risk populations, including LGBTQIA2S+ youth, all-male youth, runaway youth, youth who are experiencing homelessness, Indigenous youth, and unaccompanied children.
• Define “disconnected youth” and understand how they are more at risk of experiencing human trafficking.
• Discuss trauma- and survivor-informed strategies to reduce risk factors and increase protective factors for youth, families, and communities.
• Examine innovative models used to prevent trafficking of disconnected youth across the United States.