- This event has passed.
January 7, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
- « Resources for Financial Institutions To Prevent and Protect Against Elder Financial Exploitation
- Navigating Bankruptcy & Student Loan Solutions with Survivors »
About this Webinar
In this webinar, the National Children’s Advocacy Center (NCAC) will address language access within the context of a Children’s Advocacy Center. Victim service providers commonly identify communication as one of many barriers that can impede access to services. Providing effective language access requires strong planning and ensuring the right resources are in place in order to meet the needs of children and youth.
The presenter will examine the role language access plays at several critical points throughout the Children’s Advocacy Center/ Multidisciplinary Team investigation of abuse allegations and delivery of supportive services.
· Learn about language access and the important role it plays within a Children’s Advocacy Center
· Explore how to develop an effective plan for working with limited English proficiency and Deaf/hard of hearing clients
· Discuss best practices for working with interpreters
The webinar is designed for any staff or person who works to promote the safety and healing of children, including those who create policy/protocols for the investigation and response to allegations of child victimization.