- This event has passed.
August 21, 2019 - August 22, 2019
- « Moving Toward a Culture of Consent: Community Conversations Examining Sexual Violence
- Moving Toward a Culture of Consent: Community Conversations Examining Sexual Violence »
Regional Training Series
Through a highly interactive and engaging process, learn how you and your program can better reach survivors from underserved communities. Together, we will explore topics, such as:
· Who is being served by your program and who is not,
· Barriers to services and what you can do to remove them,
· Steps you can take to strengthen partnerships, build trust, and engage communities,
· Healing-informed, culturally responsive approaches to services, and
· Resiliency among survivors and advocates.
You will leave the training with an action plan to help you take what you learn and make practical changes in your work and program.
This training series is designed for victim advocates who work with a range of victims and survivors across the lifespan. Advocates in systems such as law enforcement, prosecution, and probation, as well as community-based advocates working from organizations such as culturally specific victim services, domestic violence and sexual assault services, homicide, or gun violence services are encouraged to attend.