- This event has passed.
November 15, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 12:15 pm
- « Developing and Implementing a Response to Sexual Assault in Tribal Communities
- Personal Safety and De-Escalation »
Explain the definition of sex trafficking and describe why this is a serious problem that needs our attention. Demonstrate why victims are not often identified as we look at a survivor’s police record to show the invisible signs of trafficking. Review and understand the mind of a survivor. Describe complex PTSD and why a survivor does not run from her trafficker, understand how resilience helps in recovery, and what the recovery process looks like.
What’s In It For You
- Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Define sex trafficking
- Identify problems with the identification of survivors
- Apply new knowledge about a survivor into their everyday interactions they have with those who have been trafficked
- Describe Complex PTSD
- Identify the recovery process
- Demonstrate achievement of the skills learned in this program and apply them to your job when working with survivors