- This event has passed.
November 28, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Over the past 15 years, domestic violence (DV) and sexual assault (SA) programs have worked tirelessly to bring a trauma-informed approach to their work. This, in turn, has generated a need for tools that programs can use to assess the effectiveness of their efforts. In this webinar, we will describe the development of a new tool to assess trauma-informed practice that DV and SA programs can use to evaluate and improve their work. The Trauma Informed Practice (TIP) Scales measure the degree to which programs engage in trauma-informed practices from the perspective of program participants. The Scales assess six domains of trauma-informed practice, including Environment of Agency and Mutual Respect, Access to Information on Trauma, Opportunities for Connection, and Emphasis on Strengths, Cultural Responsiveness, and Inclusivity, and Support for Parenting. We also present new research to demonstrate the relationship between these aspects of practice and increased safety-related empowerment among survivors.
Lisa Goodman, Ph.D. Professor Department of Counseling and Developmental Psychology Boston College Chestnut Hill, MA and Cris Sullivan, PhD, Professor of Ecological-Community Psychology and Director of MSU Research Consortium on Gender Based Violence, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- A webinar is an online seminar and requires internet access to connect.
- You will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com (link sends e-mail) immediately after registering. If you don’t see it in your inbox, please check your spam or junk mail. Please keep this email as it contains the webinar and audio information needed to join the webinar. You will receive a reminder email the day before the webinar as well.
- Audio option includes: VoIP (free audio through the internet, speakers are required, a headset is recommended) or dialing into a teleconference line . Your standard long distance charges will apply.
- Closed Captioning will be provided.
- Questions? Contact Kari Sonmore at firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)
- November 28, 2017
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- Event Type
- Regional Victim Assistance Training
- domestic violence
- trauma informed practice
- To Register:
- Click here for more information and to register
- Battered Women’s Justice Project
- DV Programs