- This event has passed.
May 12, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
- « Privacy and the Medical Forensic Exam: FAQs for SANEs Serving Patients on Campus
- Introduction to Oregon’s Crime Victims’ Compensation Program »
This webinar will discuss the strategies and lessons learned from 17 sites that implemented new policies and procedures in the collection and processing of sexual assault kits. Discussions will also include the experience of incorporating SANE programs and staff into multidisciplinary reform efforts. Coordinating efforts between a SANE program with the justice system and other community stakeholders will also be included.
1. Increased knowledge regarding how 17 sites across the country are implementing new policies and procedures regarding the collection and processing of sexual assault kits.
2. Increase knowledge about strategies and lessons learned for incorporating SANE programs and staff into multidisciplinary reform efforts.
3. Increased knowledge of lessons learned from a SANE program participating in reform efforts on how to best approach coordination with other justice system and community stakeholders.