- This event has passed.
October 19, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- « Implicit Bias: What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You
- Week 2: Helping Victims of Mass Violence & Terrorism: 48 Hours and Beyond »
Oregon Sexual Assault Task Force Presents FREE
One-Day Title IX Boot Camp
for Advocates, Law Enforcement, Prosecutors, SANEs & Community Partners
This training aims to increase the capacity of advocates, law enforcement, prosecutors, SANEs and other community partners to engage with and inform survivors of their rights within the Title IX process on college campuses in Oregon.
The training’s materials and presentation, delivered through a trauma-informed, Oregon-specific lens, will focus on improving our understanding of the Title IX process, privacy concerns and how victims and survivors can engage with reporting options at their school.
SATF encourages the following disciplines to attend this 1-day training:
- Community-based and culturally-specific program advocates
- District Attorney Victim Assistance Program advocates
- Other systems-based advocates
- Campus-based advocates & first responders
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANEs)
- Law Enforcement & Campus Public Safety
- Campus-based Preventionists
This one day training will equip participants to implement new and emerging techniques and best practices in sexual assault investigation and response when serving college students. Following the training, participants will have access to ongoing technical assistance.
This training is being offered at no cost to participants!
Location and registration will be announced in September 2018.