- This event has passed.
August 8, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- « Introduction to Oregon Crime Victim Compensation & Address Confidentiality Programs
- MDT Cross Training: Prosecutors and MDT’s »
Target Audience: Law enforcement (parole & probation, police, corrections), mental health professionals, victim advocates, court staff, and community treatment providers who work with or within the public safety system.
Overview: The GAINS Center has developed this training for criminal justice professionals to raise awareness about trauma and its effects. Criminal justice professionals will leave the training with:
* Increase understanding and awareness of the impact of trauma
* Develop trauma-informed responses
* Provide strategies for developing and implementing trauma-informed policies
This highly interactive training is specifically tailored to community-based criminal justice professionals, including police officers, community corrections personnel, and court personnel.
Deadline to register: July 1st, 2018. To register, please complete a DPSST Center for Policing Excellence Course Registration Application which can be accessed from: https://goo.gl/forms/K6bFPy1TDjlLaR452