- This event has passed.
August 4, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
The National Human Trafficking Training and Technical Assistance Center (NHTTAC) is excited to deliver a virtual pilot of our new SOAR training on how to prevent and respond to trafficking of foreign nationals. This 1.5-hour pilot examines the factors that may make foreign nationals more at risk of human trafficking, including industries that have higher rates of trafficking of foreign nationals. This module also highlights best practices for identifying and responding to trafficking in a trauma-informed and culturally and linguistically appropriate way.
• Describe the types of human trafficking and potential risk factors for foreign nationals.
• Identify individual and environmental indicators of trafficking.
• Screen and identify foreign nationals who may have experienced trafficking.
• Utilize a trauma-informed, person-centered, and multidisciplinary approach.
• Assess the unique needs of foreign nationals who have experienced trafficking.
• Deliver appropriate services to foreign nationals who have experienced trafficking.
• Share the importance of trafficking awareness and responsiveness with others in your work environment.