- This event has passed.
June 23, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
- « Mindfulness as Self Care
- Innovations at the Intersection: Supporting Survivors of Sexual Assault with a Survivor Support Packet »
The National Human Trafficking Training and Technical Assistance Center (NHTTAC) will host a 90-minute webinar on emerging trends and case studies that address protective factors for children. The webinar will highlight how systems can better work with at-risk populations, including LGBTQIA2S+ youth, all-male youth, runaway youth, youth who are experiencing homelessness, Indigenous youth, and unaccompanied children.
• Understand how “disconnected youth” interact with systems.
• Discuss trauma-informed and survivor-informed strategies that systems-based employees may use to reduce risk factors and increase protective factors for youth, families, and communities.
• Examine innovative models within systems used across the United States to prevent the trafficking of disconnected youth.