UPDATE: The March 18 meeting has been postponed until further notice. All meetings in the Oregon State Capitol are cancelled through 4/30/2020.
The Oregon Sunshine Committee will meet on March 18, 2020 from 1:30 to 4:30 PM. The meeting will be held in room 343 of the Oregon State Capitol (900 Court St. NE, in Salem).
- The Committee will hear from the Department of Justice with respect to confidentiality statutes pertaining to Oregon’s child support program. The Committee will also hear from the Department of Human Services regarding a confidentiality statute governing information that department obtains from childcare providers.
- The Committee will then discuss, and likely vote on, a draft recommendation with respect to family law exemptions. The draft recommendation should be available via the Committee’s website by next Wednesday.
- Next the committee will hear from the Oregon Health Authority and Oregon Health Sciences University regarding certain exemptions for health information in programs administered by those agencies.
- After hearing from those agencies, the Committee will discuss what recommendation it wishes to make with respect to the health information exemptions currently under consideration.
- The Committee will discuss its upcoming report to the legislature. A draft or outline version should be available via the Committee’s website by March 11.
- The Committee will then discuss future business, including a discussion of topics members would like to see on the agenda for upcoming meetings.
The meeting will be livestreamed via the Oregon Legislative Information System, accessible here. A call-in number for the meeting is available on request.
Written comments to the Oregon Sunshine Committee about its work and requests for accommodation can be sent to SunshineCommittee@doj.state.or.us.