Request a Filing Extension for Annual Reports

Organizations may apply for an extension of time to file their annual reports. Extension requests must be received on or before the due date of the report to avoid a delinquency fee. The Charitable Activities Section grants extension requests for 180 days from the original due date of the report. Extending the due date of the report also extends the due date for payment of any applicable fees.

Requests to file an extension are accepted through our online system linked below. Extension requests are also accepted by mail, including by sending a copy of the organization’s federal extension request (Form 8868) or by fax to 971-673-1882.

Submit an application to request a filing extension for annual reports »