Income Withholding and Methods of Payment

Child Support Payments Through Income Withholding

In Oregon, most child support collections are made through income withholdings arranged by employers. Employers are required to make income withholding payments to the Oregon Child Support Program after receiving and order or notice to do so, unless granted an exception.

An income withholding order is effective the same day it is received, and withholding begins at the next pay period. Payments must be submitted to the Division of Child Support within seven working days of the pay date.

How Employers Can Facilitate Payments

Oregon Employer Services Portal: We recommend employers use the free, secure, online Oregon Employer Services Portal to authorize regular bank debits for child support payments made to the Oregon Child Support Program on behalf of employees. Visit the Employer Services Portal »

Automated Clearing House (ACH) Credit Transfer: Employers may opt to pay through bank-to-bank ACH transfers. Banks may charge a fee for ACH transfers, and they do not recur automatically. Learn more about ACH Credit Payments.

Contact Us

If you have any other questions regarding the ACH Credit or Debit process, please see our FAQs page, or contact the Employer Services team:

Employer Services
Division of Child Support
Oregon Department of Justice
PO Box 14680
Salem, OR 97309

Phone: 866-907-2857 toll-free in Oregon
Phone: 503-378-2868 from the Salem area

Fax: 877-877-7416 for new hire reporting, wage withholding, terminations, and medical support

Email: for wage withholding and medical support questions
Email: for payment questions
Email: for new hire reporting questions

For questions about electronic payments, please contact Employer Services at the phone numbers above or via email at