Complying with a National Medical Support Notice
Employers who receive a National Medical Support Notice must add the designated children to the employee’s health insurance plan, if it meets the criteria.
To comply with a notice:
- Enroll the designated child or children according to the health insurance policy provisions.
- Forward insurance cards, and a copy of the description of coverage and effective dates, to the parent receiving support.
If any of the following circumstances apply, please complete and return the “Employer Response” and “Notice to Employer” paperwork that will be included in the packet you receive, along with required documentation:
- The employee no longer works for the company.
- The employee does not qualify for health insurance coverage.
- Health coverage is not available.
- The cost of coverage exceeds withholding limits.
We recommend employers use the secure, free, online Oregon Employer Services Portal » to manage child support obligations, including National Medical Support Notice responses.
If you have any other questions regarding the National Medical Support Notice, please see our FAQs page, or contact the Employer Services team:
Division of Child Support
Oregon Department of Justice
4600 25th Ave. NE, Ste. 180
Salem, OR 97301
Phone: 866-907-2857 toll-free in Oregon
Phone: 503-378-2868 from the Salem area
Fax: 503-986-6266 for wage withholding, terminations, or medical support issues
Fax: 877-877-7416 to report new hires
Email: EAD.firstname.lastname@example.org for wage withholding and medical support questions
Email: EFThelp@doj.state.or.us for payment questions
Email: EmplNewHire.email@example.com for new hire reporting questions
For questions about electronic payments, please contact Employer Services at the phone numbers above or via email at EFThelp@doj.state.or.us.