Resources for Applicants
Enroll for Child Support Services
Child support services are available to both parents who pay and parents who receive support. Even if the other parent is living in another state, you can enroll for services in Oregon. See Interstate Child Support Cases for more information. Caretakers or relatives who have physical custody of a child may also be entitled to child support services.
The Oregon Child Support Program provides assistance with the following services:
- Establishing paternity
- Finding the noncustodial parent
- Establishing a child support order or making changes to an existing support order
- Coordinating a child’s health care coverage
- Determining the amount of past-due child support
- Collecting and processing child support payments
- Processing spousal support payments in certain situations
To enroll for child support services, you will first establish an online account, and then can complete an application for services. You can also contact your local child support office or fill out the application form linked below. You will need to print and send us the completed forms. There is a one-time fee of $1 for this service. The fee will be deducted from the first money we collect.
Paternity Establishment Only
You can apply to only place a child’s biological father on the child’s birth certificate and not seek additional child support services.
Child Support Services
You can apply to set up a child support order in addition to establishing paternity.
To apply for paternity establishment or child support services, you will first establish an online account, and then can complete an application for services. Once you submit this application, a child support case manager will get in touch to help you through additional steps based on you and your family’s needs.
You can also take the application to your local child support office or mail it to:
Oregon Child Support Program
PO Box 14680
Salem, OR 97309
Support Services for Children Attending School
If you are a child attending school (beyond high school) and you wish to receive child support from your parent(s), visit the Child Attending School page to enroll online.
Spousal Support Only Services
The Oregon Child Support Program provides limited services to collect current ongoing spousal support obligations. If you have an order for spousal support only (no child support) and are receiving public assistance, you can ask the Oregon Child Support Program to collect your spousal support. Spousal support services are limited to:
- Issuing an income withholding order for the spousal support amount—if you provide the current employer of the party paying spousal support.
- Disbursing the spousal support collected.
- Keeping a record of the dollar amounts received and disbursed.
We do not provide accounting services beyond the record of dollar amounts nor do we collect past-due spousal support.
To set up a spousal support only case, provide the following information by mail or email:
- Completed and signed form to enroll in services
- Employment information for the party paying spousal support must be included in Section 5 – Other Party 1 Information)
- Proof you are receiving one of these types of public assistance:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Medicaid (OHP)
- Assistance for Seniors and People with Disabilities
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Any other financial or medical assistance granted in accordance with state, federal, or Tribal law
Download and complete the form to enroll in services. The form and proof of assistance can be emailed to ChildSupportCaseIntake@doj.state.or.us. You can also drop them off at your local child support office or mail them to:
DOJ Division of Child Support
PO Box 14680
Salem, OR 97309