Paying Child Support
In Oregon, most parents pay child support by payroll deduction. Employers withhold the support amount from the paycheck of parents who pay support and forward it to the Oregon Child Support Program after receiving a notice to do so. We pass the payment along to the parent receiving support. Employers may charge a fee of up to $5 a month per case to the employee.
Other Ways to Pay
Parents who want to make additional payments, are self-employed, live overseas, or anyone making a payment on behalf of someone else may use the following alternative payment methods:
- Cash: Pay in person or at a kiosk.
- Check or money order: Pay by mail, in person, or at a kiosk.
- Credit or debit card: Pay online, by phone, or at a kiosk.
- Electronic Check: Pay online or by phone through a bank withdrawal.
- Electronic payment withdrawal: Set up regular monthly payments from your bank account.
Paying Child Support on Behalf of Someone Else
To make payments on behalf of someone else you will need:
- Child support case number(s)
- Name and address of the parent who pays support
Employers Submitting Payments for Your Employees
See Employer Resources to learn more about submitting child support payments and complying with an Order/Notice to Withhold Income for Child Support (PDF).