How to Apply for Child Support Services

Resources for Applicants

Applying for Child Support Services

Child support services are available to both parents who pay and parents who receive support. Even if the other parent is living in another state, you can apply for services in Oregon. See Interstate Child Support Cases for more information. Caretakers or relatives who have physical custody of a child may also be entitled to child support services.

The Oregon Child Support Program provides assistance with the following services:

  • Establishing paternity
  • Finding the noncustodial parent
  • Establishing a child support order or making changes to an existing support order
  • Coordinating a child’s health care coverage
  • Determining the amount of past-due child support
  • Collecting and processing child support payments
  • Processing spousal support payments in certain situations

To apply for child support services, you can contact your local child support office or fill out the application forms linked below. You will need to print and send us the completed forms. There is a one-time fee of $1 for this service. The fee will be deducted from the first money we collect.

Apply Now

Apply for Full Child Support Services

This application is for parents to set up a new child support order, enforce an existing order, or to modify an existing order. Once you submit your application, a child support case manager will contact you to help with any additional steps based on your and your family’s needs.

Full Child Support Services Application (PDF) »

Solicitud de Servicios para Manutención de Hijos (PDF) »

Apply for Paternity Establishment

This application is for parents who wish only to place a child’s biological father on the child’s birth certificate and are not seeking additional child support services.

Paternity Establishment Only (PDF) »

Solicitud para Establecer Paternidad Únicamente (PDF) »

Support Services for Children Attending School

If you are a child attending school (beyond high school) and you wish to receive child support from your parent(s), visit the Child Attending School page to apply online.