Content warning: Please be aware that the story cards include descriptions of sexual assault, child physical and sexual abuse, emotional abuse, domestic violence, pornography, self-harm, death by suicide, and drug use.
Although participants are meant to experience Roadmaps in a facilitated, in-person setting, we have included the materials electronically for you to review them asynchronously. We recommend these steps when reviewing the activity:
- Read the Roadmaps Overview.
- Read the Summary of Revisions June 2023.
- If you have not experienced the “In Her Shoes/ In Their Shoes” activity, consider viewing this video on YouTube that shows how it works. Roadmaps is facilitated in a similar way, and this background might be helpful when trying to envision how it is intended to work.
- Review the Roadmaps Facilitator’s Guide.
- Review the Roadmaps Story Cards (listed below). Read one set of story cards at a time. Begin at the Introduction card, then follow hyperlinks to subsequent cards. Some cards have decision points where readers must select between two links. We recommend following a path instead of reading the cards sequentially (i.e., page 1, then 2, then 3, etc.). As time allows, you can read the story again. When you come to decision points, try to choose options that you did not select before.
We have supplied all materials in a PDF format to preserve the formatting. You can suggest edits or make other comments on the PDF itself or in a separate document.
The Roadmaps Toolkit Includes:
- Facilitator’s Guide
- Station Cards
- Story cards for six different characters