Please make sure to provide CVC with any updates to contact information. This is important so that CVC is able to obtain reports and billing information. If you have question related to a specific claim, please email the assigned examiner directly through the CVC portal or use the CVC Contact list (PDF)».
For general questions regarding CVC, – please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New CVC Benefit (effective with applications received 8/1/23)
Lost wages for a parent or guardian of a minor victim when providing care for the victim while they are healing from the abuse. The award amount is up to $5,000. This benefit does not include intermittent leave for doctor appointments.
CVC and Payment for Forensic Interviews
We can pay for forensic interviews conducted by a qualified CAC-based interviewer(PDF)» if any of the following occurred:
- The child was seen for concerns of sexual abuse.
- The child was seen for concerns of physical abuse.
- The child was seen due to Karly’s Law protocol.
We pay 80% of the provider’s usual charge or the patient responsibility after the child’s primary insurance is billed, if applicable.
CAC No Signature Billing Form
When you cannot obtain a signature from the applicant, you can submit the CAC no signature billing form if:
- applicant is the possible offender,
- applicant/victim refuses CVC services, OR
- DHS has temporary custody and cannot sign the CVC application as the guardian.
The “CAC No Signature Billing form” is available through the CVC Portal under “File an Application.” The form includes instructions that will help you fill it out.
Do not submit any personal identifiable information including explanation of benefits (EOBs) forms, bills, or other such documents. Use only their account number and the patient’s initials. Use only an account number that would change based on the date of service.
CVC Portal – please visit the CVC Portal webpage.
CVC Training – please visit the CVC Training webpage.
We recommend that you take the training every two years so that you have the most current information. If you have additional questions after you complete the training, feel free to email the Advocate Inquiries inbox at email@example.com.
- Authorization to Release – Signature Page – English (PDF) »
- Authorization to Release – Signature Page – Spanish (PDF) »
- Disclosure/Non-Disclosure Form (PDF) »
- Understanding Crime Victims’ Compensation and Child Assessment Centers (PDF) »
- Entiendo El Programa de Compensación Para Victimas de Crimen Y Centros de Evaluación Infantil (PDF) »