Protecting Addresses for Victims
The Address Confidentiality Program (ACP) is a free mail forwarding service. It helps survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking or human trafficking shield their physical address.
Program participants are provided with a substitute address to use instead of their real address. Participants may use the substitute address for:
- the delivery of first class, certified and registered mail.
- obtaining an Oregon driver’s license or ID card.
- receiving or paying child support.
- applying for a marriage license.
- enrolling dependents in public school.
Participation in the ACP by itself does not guarantee anyone’s safety. ACP staff do not provide threat-assessment or safety-planning and are not allowed to offer legal advice.
Apply With a Certified Application Assistant
To apply to the Address Confidentiality Program, you must work with a victim advocate who has been designated as an Application Assistant by the Attorney General. Find an Application Assistant near you.
Access to the CVSSD Online Training Library requires setting up a free account on Workday Learning. Click here for instructions to set up an account and find courses.
Advocates who are interested in becoming a Certified Application Assistant (AA) need to complete the following steps:
- Register for Workday Learning. Instructions can be found here.
- Log in to Workday Learning and complete the online course “DOJ-CVSSD-Introduction to the Address Confidentiality Program”.
- Fill out the AA Agreement here.
- Send the AA Agreement along with the certificate received upon completion of the ACP course to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To stay active as an Application Assistant, advocates need to renew their certification every two years. This includes re-taking the online course, filling out the AA Agreement and emailing it with the certificate received to email@example.com.
Contact the ACP
ACP staff work with applicants and participants by phone, fax, email or regular mail. If you choose to write using the P.O. Box below, please include your contact information so we can reach you.
For more information, please refer to the frequently asked questions page or contact us at:
P.O. Box 1108
Salem, OR 97308
Toll-free (Oregon only): 1-888-559-9090